- History of FUMC Pastors Booklet
- History of Pastors Part 2
- History of Pastors Part 1
- Centennial Worship Service
- Centennial Book 2012
- Direct Deposit Form
- Sermon Notes 02.20.11 Out of the Darkness
- Sermon Notes 01_10_10 Live Your Best Life
- Sermon Notes 01.30.11 Leading Change
- Sermon Notes 01.23.11 New Year, Start Here
- Sermon Notes 01.16.11 New Year, Deeper Faith
- Sermon Notes 01.09.11 New Year, New You
- Sermon Notes 12.04.11 First Advent
- Sermon Notes 12.11.11 Does God ask too much
- Sermon Notes 12.18.11 My Crazy Christmas Family
- Church Council Minutes for November 2011
- Youth Staff Proposal+CoverMemo
- March 2011 Monthly Financial Statement
- Church Council Minutes 7.20.11
- Church Council Minutes 6.20.11
- Church Council Mintues 3.16.11
- Church Conference MinutesAugust 17 and special Church Council
- 2011 Church Calendar
- SPRC Powerpoint Training
- 2011 Leadership Team2
- Leadership Values
- Nominations Committee
- 2011 Leadership Team
- SPRC Guidleines
- SPRC Training
- Staff Parish Annual Plan
- SPRC Summary
- Jan 19 2011 Worship Agenda
- Feb 16 2011 Worship Agenda
- June 4 2010 Special Called Mtg
- Sept 15 2010 Church Council
- Oct 13 2010 Church Council
- Nov 10 2010 Church Council
- May 19 2010 Church Council
- June 16 2010 Church Council
- July 14, 2010 Church Council
- Aug 11 2010 Church Council
- Apr 20 2010 Church Council
- Choir Director PD
- State of the Church 2010
- Tiding August 2010
|BIBLE STUDY & SMALL GROUPS|
Relevant Bible Study
Everything that was written in the past was written to teach us.
The Scriptures give us patience and encouragement so that we can have hope. [Romans 15:4]
Scripture is God's revelation of a new world, a more real, better world than we could possibly imagine. The Bible is an ongoing story about who we are, who is in charge and where this life is headed. It is a journey, a glimpse into a world we will all enter soon enough, it is the truth whether we like it or not, and it is an invitation to discover the heart of God and the depth of His love and compassion.
Phillips Brooks once said, "The Bible is like a telescope. If a man looks through his telescope, then he sees worlds beyond and mysteries unknown; but if he looks at his telescope, then he does not see anything but that. The Bible is a thing to be looked through, to see that which is beyond."
The goal of studying the Bible together is not merely a quest for knowledge, but should result in real life change. Beyond merely reading, studying, and dissecting the Bible, being a disciple of Christ involves uniting knowledge with experience to produce wisdom. We do this by bringing our questions to God, opening a dialogue with our hearts, and utilizing other ways to listen to God speak to us (group interaction, nature, art, movies, circumstances, etc.). Experiential growth is always grounded in the Bible as God's primary means of revelation and our ultimate truth-source.
"I want to know one thing -the way to heaven; how to land safe on that happy shore. God Himself has condescended to reach the way; for this very end He came from heaven. He hath written it down in a book. O give me that book! At any price, give me the book of God! I have it: here is knowledge enough for me. Let me be a man of one book!" (The Works of John Wesley, Vol 7, p. 203)
Contact the church office for a list of current Bible Study programs.
They spent their time learning from the apostles, and they were like family to each other. They also broke bread and prayed together. [Acts 2:42]
Why Small Groups?
Because life is just better in community.
Small groups are a valuable part of who we are. We believe that church community is not about Sundays, but what happens between Monday and Saturday. Small groups, in particular, are an important part of developing and building this community. The goal of each small group is to develop real relationships with others on life's journey. It is a journey that is about seeking Jesus through the affirmation and accountability of others. We believe small groups provide this type of relationships that can transform lives and community.